Vote Here and Now for Best of Cleveland 2017®!
Why is this even being published? He died over a month ago! Good riddance.
It's Reefer Madness......Dr. Alfred Carroll must be the guiding light for the state's Medical Marijuana Control Program.
If Davis Bessie were to close it would be a huge loss for the Lake Erie fisherman in Ottawa county. The vapor from the cooling tower provides them with a great wind direction and wind speed indicator.
Ontario Canada significantly reduced fossil fuel use for electrical production over several decades. They are the clean electricity champions of North America. How do they do it? Check out this free app. It updates the provinces electrical generation mic every hour.
Get it, review the data, I promise, you'll learn something. Tons of good information here. Cheers!
Why isn't marijuana legal in Ohio yet? Oh, the Plain Dealer opposed our chance because they said it would be a "monopoly"/ They were cool with a casino monopoly.
It's amazing to me. The Mexican cartels love that Ohio hasn't legalized it. They're making lots of money in Ohio.
The whole "medical marijuana " thing is a disgrace because it encourages people to lie and it promotes corruption int he medical field.
Some people just wanna smoke a little weed for the enjoyment of it. It's not wrong. I gus Ohio will be the last state to legalize it. In the meantime, we're left having to support street dealers.
I can make my own tacos at home.
Portman started supporting gay rights only after it personally affected him. He completely lacks empathy. Imagine what other opinions he holds based soley on his privileged perspective.
It is a statistic that is hard to believe.
Darlene Burnett is one of the greatest ladies in the world. She keep a positive attitude, even if looked at in a nehative light. A .woman who was born in the slum of Cleveland. Raising 4 children of her own.
There are five reasons why zero public funds should be dedicated to the renovation of Quicken Loans Arana (QLA).
1. No Need: QLA was just voted the 40th top public sports venue in the USA out of mover 700. Thats the top 6% nationally. QLA was good enough for Cleveland to be awarded the RNC in 2016 above every other city in the US. QLA does not need a $282 million upgrade to meet our needs. If the Cavs have a Christmas Wish List, they can pay for it themselves.
2. How Tenant Improvements Work: In every commercial real estate transaction, if a tenant (Cavs) wants his/ her space improved, the tenant is obligated to fund 100% of the cost of the improvements PLUS a return for the landlord (Us) with increased rent payments. The deal as presented and endorsed by our so-called leaders has the Cavs picking up only 50% of the cost. How much have the Cavs profits been in the last five years?
3. Reverse Robin Hood: The deal as presented is a gift to the rich Gilbert by the poor citizens. As proposed, QLAs renovation funding is a $160 million gift to Gilbert, whose net worth is estimated to be $5,800,000,000. He can afford to improve the facility we own if he wants to. It is morally irresponsible to have taxpayers finance Gilberts Wish List. And let's not forget Gilbert's broken promises of a huge development for the casino.
4. Priorities: We, the public and the QLAs landlord, have far more pressing priorities, like fixing/ replacing the 41-year old Justice Center, roads, bridges, fire stations, etc.
5. Design: Can we ever spend public money on local architects instead of shipping hundreds of millions of dollars to out-of-town firms for our communitys most important commissions? We keep shooting our own feet with our own gun. The design presented features a new monumental exterior glass wall with a large wooden barrier immediately inside a dishonest and foolish bit of design quackery form Gilberts lap dog architect.
When will we be honored with a social compact from our elected officials to act in the best interests of the community and be faithful stewards of our money instead giving sweetheart deals to rich white men who profit mightily already and dont need or deserve the handout?
Wow! I'm so happy people are using their voices to stand up against abuse to others.
-- "The Tribe of Tiger: Cats and Their Culture" --
Do you mean open Tuesday, February 28th?
It looks like a barrio, why did I expect anything else?
The game now kicks-off a four day event: Thursday night - Hall of Fame Game, Friday - Gold Jacket Ceremony; Saturday - Enshrinement Ceremony; Sunday - Concert for Legends.
The Bible-thumpers in the statehouse have made sure, once again, that Ahia remains North Missitucky. Gotta keep that killer weed and gateway drug from falling into the wrong hands, doncha know...just like they kept North Missituckians (Missituckers?) from casino gambling for years and years.
Maybe a lot of dead junkies would be alive today if they had had access to weed to ease their pain. Oh, and God forbid it should be smoked in a pipe or rolled into a doobie. Gotta do that stupid vaping crap, or snarf a brownie, or wear a patch. Whatever, dudes.
The clocks go forward on March 12, but it's still gonna be 1987 in North Missitucky. Thanks, assclowns, for making users into criminals who will have to cross state lines or find a pusher-man on the corner.
And recreational use? In this benighted state? With Agent Orange and his Band of Nazis in power? Maybe by 2040...2030 if we're really lucky. Drop a number on my grave when it finally happens...and.I'll thank you from Hell.
Chuckles the Clown.
False? OK Shawn, please demonstrate how a CDC-administered study, using medical and statistical professionals to design and analyze the results, is "False."
Take 5 minutes and educate yourself on the significant amount of effort that goes into designing and administering these studies. The CDC makes it very easy; I found this link in about a minute:
Is there reason to doubt answers given by the kids surveyed? Sure. That's why they spend years refining the methods and use troves of data to test the validity of the responses. They know that the source is fickle, and they know how to get the best information out of it.
Sorry man, the quick and spurrious rejection of real, scientifically established data is a real problem in today's society.
and i thought Trump and his ilk were out of their skulls
Hey Doug, I'm available to be a "tablemate", if you are looking for new ones?
To see why vegans are crazy with passion watch EARTHLINGS on YouTube!
February 22-28, 2017
Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.
737 Bolivar Rd., Suite 4100
Cleveland, OH, 44115
Main: (216) 241-7550
Advertising: (216) 802-7241
All parts of this site Copyright © 2017 Cleveland Scene.
© 2017 Cleveland Scene:
737 Bolivar Rd.,
Logos and trademarks on this site are property of their respective owners.
Website powered by Foundation