Vote Here and Now for Best of Cleveland 2017®!
Totally agree, but, she was a complete psycho and she deserves a slow painful death. She's a fat, disgusting excuse for a human being. Good riddance to her.
Despite Doug's condemnation, there ws nothing wrong with the Mad Greek.
It brought countless customers much comfort and joy for many years.
Barrio will be lucky if it manages to last half as long as they did. Tastes change.
Chuckles the Clown
I WORKED FOR THIS ASSHOLE ANDI NEVER GOT PAID
I'll never forget the time I drove by Corbo's early one Sunday morning in 1978 and it had been sprayed with bullets.
Ah, the good old days.
The patio is great, be sure to check it out.
I do miss the Mad Greek, though. *sob*
Was Portman's staff checking political affiliations of event attendees while on-the-clock as senatorial employees? It does not sound like a task that fits into the permitted daily jobs of staffers. There is a clear line on campaign-orientated work that cannot be crossed.
That was an absolutely amazing concert I have seen Eric multiple times and it was great being with the Cleven crowd and see the Q pack from floor to rafter.
I myself am very excited of this restaurant opening..having lived in New Orleans boiled seafood is a must have.
it wasnt the Plain Dealer made that lie about MONOPOLY. it was our crooked ass
secretary of state had it tattooed to the TOP OF THE BALLOT which is a flagrant violation
campaigning near polling place laws. it was an election HIJACKING.
Why is this even being published? He died over a month ago! Good riddance.
It's Reefer Madness......Dr. Alfred Carroll must be the guiding light for the state's Medical Marijuana Control Program.
If Davis Bessie were to close it would be a huge loss for the Lake Erie fisherman in Ottawa county. The vapor from the cooling tower provides them with a great wind direction and wind speed indicator.
Ontario Canada significantly reduced fossil fuel use for electrical production over several decades. They are the clean electricity champions of North America. How do they do it? Check out this free app. It updates the provinces electrical generation mic every hour.
Get it, review the data, I promise, you'll learn something. Tons of good information here. Cheers!
Why isn't marijuana legal in Ohio yet? Oh, the Plain Dealer opposed our chance because they said it would be a "monopoly"/ They were cool with a casino monopoly.
It's amazing to me. The Mexican cartels love that Ohio hasn't legalized it. They're making lots of money in Ohio.
The whole "medical marijuana " thing is a disgrace because it encourages people to lie and it promotes corruption int he medical field.
Some people just wanna smoke a little weed for the enjoyment of it. It's not wrong. I gus Ohio will be the last state to legalize it. In the meantime, we're left having to support street dealers.
I can make my own tacos at home.
Portman started supporting gay rights only after it personally affected him. He completely lacks empathy. Imagine what other opinions he holds based soley on his privileged perspective.
It is a statistic that is hard to believe.
Darlene Burnett is one of the greatest ladies in the world. She keep a positive attitude, even if looked at in a nehative light. A .woman who was born in the slum of Cleveland. Raising 4 children of her own.
There are five reasons why zero public funds should be dedicated to the renovation of Quicken Loans Arana (QLA).
1. No Need: QLA was just voted the 40th top public sports venue in the USA out of mover 700. Thats the top 6% nationally. QLA was good enough for Cleveland to be awarded the RNC in 2016 above every other city in the US. QLA does not need a $282 million upgrade to meet our needs. If the Cavs have a Christmas Wish List, they can pay for it themselves.
2. How Tenant Improvements Work: In every commercial real estate transaction, if a tenant (Cavs) wants his/ her space improved, the tenant is obligated to fund 100% of the cost of the improvements PLUS a return for the landlord (Us) with increased rent payments. The deal as presented and endorsed by our so-called leaders has the Cavs picking up only 50% of the cost. How much have the Cavs profits been in the last five years?
3. Reverse Robin Hood: The deal as presented is a gift to the rich Gilbert by the poor citizens. As proposed, QLAs renovation funding is a $160 million gift to Gilbert, whose net worth is estimated to be $5,800,000,000. He can afford to improve the facility we own if he wants to. It is morally irresponsible to have taxpayers finance Gilberts Wish List. And let's not forget Gilbert's broken promises of a huge development for the casino.
4. Priorities: We, the public and the QLAs landlord, have far more pressing priorities, like fixing/ replacing the 41-year old Justice Center, roads, bridges, fire stations, etc.
5. Design: Can we ever spend public money on local architects instead of shipping hundreds of millions of dollars to out-of-town firms for our communitys most important commissions? We keep shooting our own feet with our own gun. The design presented features a new monumental exterior glass wall with a large wooden barrier immediately inside a dishonest and foolish bit of design quackery form Gilberts lap dog architect.
When will we be honored with a social compact from our elected officials to act in the best interests of the community and be faithful stewards of our money instead giving sweetheart deals to rich white men who profit mightily already and dont need or deserve the handout?
Wow! I'm so happy people are using their voices to stand up against abuse to others.
February 22-28, 2017
Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.
737 Bolivar Rd., Suite 4100
Cleveland, OH, 44115
Main: (216) 241-7550
Advertising: (216) 802-7241
All parts of this site Copyright © 2017 Cleveland Scene.
© 2017 Cleveland Scene:
737 Bolivar Rd.,
Logos and trademarks on this site are property of their respective owners.
Website powered by Foundation