She seems like quite the hopeless cunt, doesn't she?
Wait a second...I was just blabbering there... is "cunt" even a word? I'm not sure! ;)
This guy always struck me as kinda simple-minded and shameless in his "average joe" "common sense" self-marketing.
"Darwin wins" - what a stupid, lame-ass comment! First, you don't even know with any certainty how/why he died (e.g., perhaps some enemy of his in sports or academics or something spiked his drink w/ something or he was on prescription meds and his doctor and pharmacist didn't warn him about side effects w/ alcohol or that was a very rare side effect or numerous other possibilities, etc.). Secondly it's just a pathetic, smug, smarmy, arrogant, clueless, and extremely insensitive thing to say. Why don't you make a sign that says "Darwin wins" and picket this guy's funeral? Perhaps someone more "fit" than you will respond in a similarly knuckleheaded fashion. Furthermore, your conception of Darwinism appears to be hopelessly simpleminded. Be careful, I've seen a lot of super-cocky people (i.e., the sort of people who post comments like yours) make some serious f***-ups, some of which could have been fatal, given the right circumstances - sheer luck was the only thing that saved them, not their love of Darwin, science, or the Bible. Consider doing the dignified, adult thing - delete your comment.
What an incredible moron this little man is. And the grossly ignorant people on here defending him or supporting him (the whole bullshit "free speech" crap, too - so sadly predictable!), just pathetic, the lot of you...
This is the kind of thing journalists are supposed to do. Nice work.
I'm not sure if this was published for the "Did you know? / Some law are really strange, aren't they?" factor, or to gin up some anger among the folks who think that Greenpeace wields enormous influence with Ohio's extremely liberal lawmakers. In either case, it wasn't necessary. To compile the facts...
1. The car will warm up faster if actually DRIVEN.
2. It's bad for your engine if you let it idle for more than 30 secs. or so in cold weather (99% sure I heard this verified by the Car Talk guys once... but that WAS on liberally-biased NPR, so watch out, people - it's a conspiracy to get you save gas/money!).
3. If it's really cold out you should be wearing winter outerwear anyway - cars do fail (e.g., stall out completely/hopelessly) from time to time. Unless it's exceptionally cold (I'm thinking colder than -10F for most of us... but sure, we can/should cut more slack for the elderly), I doubt that most drivers really NEED to warm up their cars. However, those who don't have garages often have to take the time (sometimes a LOT of time) to thoroughly scrape off the ice and snow, and running your defrost helps with this, so that seems to be a legit reason (so, more slack should be afforded to the less wealthy folks who don't have garages). Heating your garage is an absurd and ridiculous luxury. People freeze to death on the streets while you keep your CARS warm at night - seriously?
4. Asthma is becoming more and more of a problem for kids (and, hello Klan fans, not just black kids!), and if thousands (millions) of people eliminate (or cut back on) warming up their cars, it's surely not going to hurt those people who enjoy breathing. We should still make factories run cleaner, too (and yes, that should be a HIGHER priority).
5. Global warming IS real, unfortunately, and the more we all run our engines, the more we're shooting ourselves in the collective (not talking Communism here, just saying that we all do live together in civilization/society... cities!) foot. Put one less hole in your/our foot.
6. If humanity survives that long (and perhaps it won't if Modern Man sees giving up the preheating of their vehicles as an intolerable sacrifice/going back to the horrific dark ages - are we really THAT soft?), the oil won't last forever. Save some for actually driving (ok, don't think about driving to work - think about driving to Cedar Point/the beach, your loved ones, etc.).
Swenson's must not be a very big chain, since I lived in NE Ohio from 2008-2011, within 40 miles of Akron and saw plenty of that area, and I've never even heard of Swenson's before.
All Comments »
737 Bolivar Rd., Suite 4100
Cleveland, OH, 44115
Main: (216) 241-7550
Advertising: (216) 802-7241
All parts of this site Copyright © 2017 Cleveland Scene.
© 2017 Cleveland Scene:
737 Bolivar Rd.,
Logos and trademarks on this site are property of their respective owners.
Website powered by Foundation