Favorite
Created by sculptor and architect Levi Tucker Scofield in 1894, the monument commemorates those who were killed in the Civil War. It's 125 feet tall and made of black Quincy granite and buff Amherst sandstone. Surrounding the building are four bronze sculptural groupings to represent the infantry, cavalry, artillery, and navy.

Tags:

Related Stories

Reviews/comments

Subscribe to this thread:

Add a review


Roll over stars and click to rate.

Map

Nearby

Friends

Become a Friend

History

© 2016 Cleveland Scene: 737 Bolivar Rd., Suite 4100, Cleveland, OH 44115, (216) 241-7550
Logos and trademarks on this site are property of their respective owners.


Website powered by Foundation