· 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
· 1 onion, sliced
· 4 garlic cloves, crushed
· 1 teaspoon ground cumin
· 2 teaspoons ground coriander
· 1 fresh green chili, finely chopped
· 1-3/4 cups coconut milk
· 1 cup hot water
· 1 pumpkin (1-1/2 pounds) cut into 2-inch cubes
· 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
· Salt and pepper
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Sauté the onion and garlic until lightly browned.
Add cumin, chili, and coriander; sauté for one more minute.
Add coconut milk, pumpkin, and water, then bring to a boil.
Lower heat and simmer gently for 10 to 15 minutes, until the pumpkin is tender.
Season with salt and pepper, then stir in the chopped cilantro.
Serve hot with rice.
Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.