Public Places: Parks/Reservations
Hach-Otis Sanctuary is an 81-acre forested tract overlooking the beautiful Chagrin River valley. Located in Willoughby Hills and within 20 miles of downtown Cleveland, the preserve has been protected as a bird sanctuary since 1944.
Helen Hazen Wyman Park was the first park to be acquired by Lake Metroparks in 1959. The park system was known as the Lake County Metropolitan Park District. This property, along the banks of the Grand River, was donated by William Wyman in memory of his mother, Helen Hazen Wyman.
Hoffman Forest Reserve provides a delightful respite from the sights and sounds of urban life. Several unpaved trails begin near the parking lot and loop through the reserve. Trails wander through diverse habitats, over and through creeks, up hillsides, and around a meadow.
Hogback Ridge Park, one of the first Lake Metroparks, is named for its most prominent natural feature: a high, narrow ridge of land bounded on two sides by steep valleys. This type of ridge is named for its resemblance to the bony spine of a hog.
More than 3,400 acres of horticultural collections, display gardens, hiking trails, educational classes, and natural woodlands.
8 total results