Public Places: Parks/Reservations
Land donated by both the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and Gilbert Waltz gave this Metro Park its start in 1930.
Mary Campbell Cave was named for a pioneer girl, who was captured in Pennsylvania by Delaware Indians and brought to the cave, where she lived as a child of Chief Netawatwees. She was released after five years, during the 1764 treaty ending the French and Indian War.
This 62-acre facility was once a gravel pit. Visitors to the park today would never know its past, as they enjoy the grassy slopes and wooded nature trail. Active recreation facilities in the form of football and softball fields are located in this park.
6 total results