Hach-Otis Sanctuary is an 81-acre forested tract overlooking the beautiful Chagrin River valley. Located in Willoughby Hills and within 20 miles of downtown Cleveland, the preserve has been protected as a bird sanctuary since 1944.
Helen Hazen Wyman Park was the first park to be acquired by Lake Metroparks in 1959. The park system was known as the Lake County Metropolitan Park District. This property, along the banks of the Grand River, was donated by William Wyman in memory of his mother, Helen Hazen Wyman.