Not shown here are Zydrunas' new and improved feet, which we're told he stole from a Hannah Montana back-up dancer.
The Cavs beat the Celtics last night -- for the second time this season. While my weird little colleague was sniffing around LeBron's locker
, I was at home, watching the game like an American. (That is, on a flat-screen that won't be paid off until 2035 and with a case of Miller Light in my lap).
Among the things that stood out:
1. Midway through, Drew Gooden went down with a groin injury. It’s probably been muttered in jest many times over the past three years that at times it looks like LeBron is playing with a bunch of guys that walked over from the Lakewood YMCA. With Anderson Varejao and Sasha Pavlovic already out, and Drew Gooden iffy when the Cavs play four games in five days starting Thursday, we’re not far from that joke becoming reality. No, you're not dreaming: that is, in fact, Ira Newble, Dwayne Jones, and Devon Brown getting significant playing time out there. ...
2. Who would have thought at the beginning of the season that Zydrunas Ilgauskas would be one of the few guys not bitten by the injury bug? Seriously, the guy’s feet are held together with scotch tape and a few safety pins.
3. Yes, the Celtics were playing without Kevin Garnett last night, but again, the Cavs were without Sasha and Andy, and Gooden only played half of the game. If there’s any doubt the Cavs can’t take out Boston in the playoffs, it was put to rest last night.
4. Speaking of Boston’s playoff potential: The Celtics have the best record in the league at 36-9, but they have two losses each to the Cavs, Magic, and Wizards – three of the teams that will contend to represent the East in the finals.
5. Ira Newble dunked last night. I was under the impression of that was against league rules. Apparently not. – Vince Grzegorek