Update: As if the driveway bombing done by unknown "terrorists" could be any more dramatic, Davis now says he will not remove the portable toilet from his suburban driveway until those responsible cave or are arrested. But neighbors aren't exactly keen on seeing to bombed potty decorating the street, so they've complained to the Ravenna city council. The city says Davis is violating the zoning code. He basically says f-you.
“If they want to force the issue, let them,” he tells the Record. “But I will go out on Saturday night and take pictures of all the guys who take their work trucks home.”
Don't take your work home with you – good enough advice for any business. When you're in the portable toilet game, this seems like especially sound wisdom, especially when you consider how, in this the Age of Terror, all it takes is the roving eye of an enemy of the people and some makeshift ordinance to turn that toilet into a mess.
At least that's how William Davis feels today. The owner of Portage Portable Toilets, Davis brought home a mobile dumper on the evening of May 25. He planned to drop if off at a location the following day. But the toilet never made it, according to the Ravenna Record.
Sometime in the night, Davis heard an explosion, although he didn't bother to check it out. The next morning, he saw his portable john had been bombed. David acknowledges his products are easy targets, but this latest attack isn't just kids having fun, the toilet owner speculates, but next-level mayhem.
“I’ve had graffiti, tip-overs, people try to burn them down, but never blown up,” Davis said Thursday.
He said he believes someone climbed up onto the trailer and put an explosive device larger than an M-80 firework inside the toilet. Davis put the value of the destroyed toilet at several hundred dollars.
“This is terrorism,” he said. The suspect “put a little bomb in there.”