A weekly roundup of the top newsmakers in town.
1. Frank Russo: The U.S. Attorney asks a federal judge to shorten the former auditor’s prison sentence on account of all of Russo’s snitching. Next up: the location of Jimmy Hoffa’s body and zero days behind bars.
2. Sherrod Brown/Josh Mandel: In the debate between the Senator and his GOP opponent, the crowd at the Renaissance hotel boos, cheers, and heckles as the duo trade barbs. Postgame comments from Mandel indicate Brown was a “meanie.”
3. Allie LaForce: The Fox 8 sports anchor lands a job in L.A. on a new late-night CBS Sports show. No word on whether her aunt offered a bribe to casting execs, or Tribe reliever Joe Smith punched her competition.
4. The Ravenna Football Team: Video of Ravenna’s over-the-back game-winning touchdown pass lands on SportsCenter. Brandon Weeden offers congratulations, but is confused that the other team didn’t catch the ball.
5. Ed FitzGerald: The head honcho of Cuyahoga County finally gets some bad press as the price tag for renovations of the jailhouse kitchen skyrocket. Quickly reminds voters that he’s never slept with a hooker.
Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.