LeBron might be gone, but there is a new King at The “Q”. The Pretzel King has arrived and he is the one and only famed chef Jonathon Sawyer. The second stadium venture (after sawyer's street frites) for Food & Wine Magazine’s Best New Chef/Restaurateur will showcase his ability to take simple, classic ingredients and present them in a new and exciting way. Sawyer drew inspiration for SeeSaw Pretzel Shoppe from Old World Bavaria-style recipes and his drive to bring something different to the arena.
This unique addition to the Q brings great food and flavors that range from the sweetness of cinnamon and sugar to the tangy spice of hot mustard and spicy marinara. Sawyer recognizes that the energy is not just restricted to the arena. “The atmosphere downtown is electric right now,” he says.
Speaking of electric, the menu for SeeSaw Pretzel Shoppe is right up Cleveland Lane, featuring very affordable classic soft Bavarian-style pretzels accompanied by various unique dipping sauces and schmears. Menu items include:
* Roasted Garlic and Parmesan pretzel with Porky garlic sauce
* Traditional Bavarian Lye dipped pretzel served with “Hot Hot Hot” mustard
* Everything Bagel pretzel served with a veggie cream cheese schmear
* Cheese and Pepperoni pretzel roll served with spicy marinara
* Organic Hot Dog rollup served with Sir Kensington’s Fancy Ketchup
* Cinnamon Toast pretzel with sweet cinnamon Icing
* German-style sausage with sauerkraut, Hot Hot Hot mustard and a buttered roll
* Jackpot Pretzels, a grab-bag of yesterday’s pretzels and bits
* Real Ohio Buttered popcorn in two different sizes
A full condiment bar full of mustards, ketchups and relish will be available so that customers can customize their pretzels. And since no pretzel is complete without a cold beer, Greenhouse Tavern lager and Session Stout on draft will be available.
Given Sawyer’s success rate in Cleveland, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Cavs ask for his playbook. Look for the SeeSaw Pretzel Shoppe to open by the end of November.
Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.