I am hopeful that someone will beat this challenge before I go for a rematch in the spring. If you think you’re up for it, check out the rules posted below. And good luck. Winners will get their name on a plaque, a trophy to take home, and bragging rights good for any time of the year.
Win or lose, challengers will not be reimbursed for the price of the sundae.
• The entire sundae, including the two side toppings and pretzel, must be consumed by one person in 30 minutes or less.
• Ice cream flavor substitutions can be made, but there must be at least five different ice cream flavors, and no more than three scoops of vanilla.
• Whipped cream is not permitted as a choice of side toppings.
• The sundae must be eaten in the main room, in full view of Sweet Moses employees.
• The sundae will be considered completely consumed only when the content of the bowl is lower than the edge of the spoon.
• Once the clock begins, timing is continuous. Breaks of any type will not stop the clock.
• If someone other than the challenge participant consumes any part of the sundae, the participant will be disqualified from the challenge.
• Please be courteous to the guests around you. Excessive belching, groaning, and gagging noises or other offensive behavior will lead to disqualification.
• Completing the challenge entitles the winner to a trophy and his/her name engraved on the shop’s plaque.
• Disqualifications will be at the sole discretion of the Sweet Moses manager on duty. In the event of disqualification, no refunds will be issued.
Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.