people on Twitter where the quietest place in Cleveland might be.
Apart from some back-and-forth about what precisely I was asking, a smattering of ideas arrived:
- the woods next to Wildlife Way in Old Brooklyn
- the Lakefront Nature Preserve
- the end of Edgewater pier, 5:45 a.m.
- the top of Key Tower
- two miles out on Lake Erie in a sailboat
- the John G. White Special Collections Treasure Room at Cleveland Public Library
Absent total silence
, the idea of solitude and quiet in our bustling city intrigued me. Then, just yesterday, I encountered a terrific project from the New York Times
: "Finding the Quiet City
" profiles the aural and visual makeup of NYC's quietest, most reflective spots. The geographies all came from what seem like reader submissions.
Anyway, I want to keep this idea rolling and learn more about where Cleveland's quiet solitude can be found. Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter
with your own realms of near-silence. I'll be sure to share whatever places/ideas I receive.
A few weeks ago, I