- prohibit carrying a concealed deadly weapon or handgun, unless the person is a police officer or a person who holds a license to carry a concealed weapon.
- require a person who sells or transfers a gun – and who is not a licensed gun dealer – to report such transactions to police.
- require an owner to report a lost or stolen gun to police.
- create a gun offender registry, requiring individuals convicted of a gun offense to register their names with Cleveland’s Safety Director.
- prohibit the display, marking or sale of a facsimile firearm and prohibits brandishing a facsimile firearm in the presence of law enforcement or with the intent to frighten people.
- prohibit the negligent transfer of a firearm to a felon or intoxicated person.
- set restrictions for firearms in the hands of minors and restricts discharging firearms in public areas, including schools, churches, cemeteries, playgrounds and parks.
- require owners to safely store firearms to keep them from being stolen or out of the hands of children.
Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.