Join the Cleveland Scene Press Club. Because No News is Bad News.

Arts & Entertainment

Best Art Gallery 

Transformer Station

Built in 1924, the building now known as Transformer Station was originally one of 16 substations built by the Cleveland Railway Company. Noted local architect John Williams oversaw the building's renovation and expansion. A collaborative effort between the Bidwell Foundation and the Cleveland Museum of Art, its programming is shared equally by the museum and founders Fred and Laura Bidwell. Located in Hingetown, Transformer Station serves as the museum's first footprint on the west side. With an emphasis on contemporary photography, Transformer Station has brought fresh artists and groundbreaking work to Northeast Ohio since opening in early 2013. The CMA's programming continues this spring with Jon Pestoni: Some Years.

1460 West 29th St., 216-938-5429, transformerstation.org.

Read the Digital Print Issue

April 7, 2020

View more issues

Most Popular

No recently-read stories.

Visit the archives…

Newsletters

Never miss a beat

Sign Up Now

Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.

Calendar

© 2021 Cleveland Scene: 737 Bolivar Rd., Suite 4100, Cleveland, OH 44115, (216) 505-8199
Logos and trademarks on this site are property of their respective owners.


Website powered by Foundation