Cleveland's inaugural Blockchain "Solutions" Conference, which is being hastily organized for the first week of December at the Huntington Convention Center, now has a roster of keynote speakers.
In a press release this morning, the Blockland team announced that the conference has also secured the financial backing of Cuyahoga County, which will provide the Convention Center at no cost, (an in-kind contribution of $95,000), and will donate $50,000 to pay for the registration and lodging of some attendees.
The local tourism bureau, Destination Cleveland, will serve as the primary event manager.
“The Cleveland 2016 Host Committee illustrated how successful a collaborative approach to community initiatives can be, and the Destination Cleveland team is honored to be an integral contributor to Blockland initiative and Solutions Conference,” said David Gilbert, Destination Cleveland's boss, in the release. “Both the Blockland effort and the conference are unprecedented for Cleveland. There is risk associated with trying something different, but we will apply our expertise to making the event the best it can be and learn from the experience so that future endeavors can be even better.”
The conference keynote speakers will include the following:
- Jerry Cuomo, IBM Fellow, Vice President of IBM Blockchain Technologies
- Jeremy Gutsche, New York Times Bestselling Author
- Jason Kelley, General Manager of IBM Blockchain Solutions
- Joseph Lubin, founder of Consensus Systems (ConsenSys) and co-founder of Ethereum
- Will McDonough, Founder & CEO of iCash
- Larry Sanger, Co-Founder of Wikipedia
- Alex Tapscott, Author, Blockchain Revolution and Co-founder of Blockchain Research Institute
Asked what the biggest roadblock to implementing Blockland would be, Moreno answered almost instantly. “Naysayers. Being honest. That’s the biggest impediment.”— Sheehan Hannan (@SheehanHannan) August 16, 2018
Blockland Cleveland also unveiled a new website.