2010 will be done and over come this weekend, and what a year it was. LeBron left, the Cuyahoga County Corruption All Stars went down, voters opted to enter 2011 with a new form of government, the Browns had another quarterback controversy, the Indians found new and exciting ways to be irrelevant, and Cleveland was granted a lingerie football team.
What Scene stories captivated your little hearts this year?
Good question. Lucky for you, we have the answer.
Here are the top ten most-read stories from our pages, both virtual and real, since January. Let's enjoy a nostalgic trip down memory lane, shall we?
10. Q&A With Brian Windhorst on His Departure to ESPN: Brian Windhorst took a job with ESPN after LeBron left for Miami. People were upset. We talked to him.
9. Colondra Hamilton Charged For Masturbating, Watching Porn While Driving: Oftentimes there's little rhyme or reason as to what we pick to write about. There is one rule however: If you get arrested for masturbating and watching porn while driving, we will absolutely share your tale with the world.
8. Cher is Cranky She's Not in Rock Hall Yet : Cher thinks she and Sonny Bono should be in the Rock Hall. Our music editor quips: "'I Got You Babe' is a great song, but nobody — not even Cher's super-gay fans — can name another song they did."
7. Columbus too obese for ambulance stretchers: You know what makes us depressed for humanity? When fire departments have stretchers that can carry a 650-pound person but need to buy new stretchers because too often they come across a person weighing 1000 pounds.
6. Lakewood High Won't Let Injured Student Wear Sweatpants : Another tale of brazen incompetence in our public schools. It especially upset us because we wrote that story while wearing sweatpants.
5. Lin Mun Poo, Malaysian Hacker, Sneaks in Cleveland Fed's Computers: A boy named Poo allowed us to make any number of really hilarious poop puns. Good times were had by all.
4. Woman Discovers Husband's Second Wife When She Sees Their Wedding Photos on Facebook: A Cleveland woman's tale of woe went national after she found out about her husband's second wife after seeing their wedding pictures on Facebook. After seeing her husband, you'd be surprised she wasn't happier about that development.
3. Pic of the Day: LeBron on 2011 Cavs Calendar: Fail. Fail. Fail. A blunderous blunder as King James lands on the front of thousands of 2011 Cleveland Cavaliers, a dagger to the heart of the Cleveland sports fan, like if they put Jason Michaels on the front of a 2011 Cleveland Indians calendar.
2. Your Anti-LeBron T-Shirt Roundup: When LeBron ditched the shores of Lake Erie for the allure of South Beach, Clevelanders expressed their displeasure in words, videos, bonfires, chants, billboards, and, of course, t-shirts.
1. Absolutely Epic 1974 Letter From the Cleveland Browns to a Fan: In November 1974, a fan wrote a letter to the Browns complaining about the danger of paper airplanes being thrown at games. The Browns responded in epically awesome fashion.
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Cleveland Scene. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Cleveland Scene, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at [email protected].
Support Local Journalism.
Join the Cleveland Scene Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.
Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.