A weekly roundup of the top newsmakers around town.
1. Phil Dawson: Even though the Browns had a bye week, their best player still somehow managed to score nine field goals.
2. RTA Drivers: A third driver in the last two months was assaulted by a rider. MMA training now mandatory for all new drivers.
3. The Plain Dealer: Guild members launch the “Save the Plain Dealer” campaign to pre-empt cuts by its parent company. Read all about its outcome in the three-day-a-week Plain Dealer debuting next year.
4. Luis Proenza: The University of Akron president says colleges can’t continue to justify the high cost of tuition. Clarifies later that he has no intention of reducing tuition, it’s just a thought he had.
5. Cuyahoga County Library: Once again given a five-star rating by the Index of Public Library Service. Also once again given a five-star rating by that homeless guy as a warm place to masturbate.
We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Cleveland Scene. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Cleveland Scene, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.
Email us at [email protected].
Support Local Journalism.
Join the Cleveland Scene Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.
Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.