Holecko said he has pulled petitions to run as a Democrat in the Ohio House of Representatives' 14th District, which encompasses Cleveland's west-side Wards 16 and 17, and the suburbs of Brook Park, Brooklyn, Middleburg Heights and Parma Heights. The seat is currently occupied by former Cleveland City Council President Marty Sweeney, who is running for a seat on the Ohio Senate against Nickie Antonio.
Holecko also ran for the statehouse seat in 2014 and said his slogan hasn't changed. He is still "100 percent committed to the 99 percent." As such, he said he'll focus on seven key policy planks in the statehouse.
- A Ohio Universal Healthcare Plan
- Equal pay and a liveable wage for all
- Respect for women's healthcare decisions
- A fair economy and an end to corporate tax giveaways
- Clean energy and strong environmental protections
- A restoration of adequate school and community funding,
- Protection of workers' rights.