Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Downtown RTA Trolleys Will Offer Extended Service During RNC
By Sam Allard
on Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 2:58 PM
Not only will the familiar green trolley buses be running earlier and later; both the B line and the E line will run more frequently, arriving every five minutes instead of every 10 minutes all convention long.
“If visitors want to see Cleveland, this is the best way to go," said RTA CEO Joe Calabrese, in a statement. "And thanks to our Downtown business partners, the trolley is always free with a smile.”
(But how much does it cost with a frown?)
The extended service has been made possible, RTA said, by a "generous donation" from the RNC Host Committee and Destination Cleveland.
Before and after the Convention:
During the Convention, July 18-21:
- After 8 p.m. Friday, July 15, and all day Saturday, July 16, the C-Line will be on re-route. (See Service Alerts.).
- The C-Line trolley will not operate on Sunday, July 17. The B-Line and E-Line will operate from 11 a.m.-1 a.m. The B-Line will use its July 18-21 re-route. See Map.
- The 9/12 Trolley will use the July 18-22 re-route.
- B-Line Trolley will operate from 5 a.m.-1 a.m., at higher frequency, on a special re-route that connects the Eastern and Western Bus Terminals.
- E-Line Trolley will operate from 7 a.m.-1 a.m., at higher frequency, on its regular route.
- C-Line Trolley will not operate.
- 9/12 Trolley will operate its regular schedule on a slightly different route.
Due to road closures and heightened security during the RNC, getting around downtown will be a real pain in the ass. But RTA has announced that its downtown trolleys will offer extended service during the convention.